Feel every beat. Sync every move. Work every muscle. There is no reason to look elsewhere for a rewarding fitness workout than Zumba. Zumba targets different muscle groups at once for total body toning. Zumba boosts your heart health. You not only get aerobic benefits (it really gets your heart rate up), but you also get anaerobic benefits, the kind that help you maintain a good cardiovascular respiratory system.
These are the reasons why Zumba is a great alternative to fitness programs:
- It is fun. The more you enjoy your exercise routine, the more likely you are to stick with it. Many people say they have so much fun dancing that they forget they are actually exercising.
- Great for weight loss. Zumba Workout is a powerful exercise with a 600 to 1,000-calorie burn in just an hour.
- Tones your entire body. You may feel sore in places you never knew existed, but it gets results. Zumba targets lots of different muscle groups at once for total body toning.
- Boosts your heart health. You not only get aerobic benefits (it really gets your heart rate up), you also get anaerobic benefits, the kind that help you maintain a good cardiovascular respiratory system.
- Helps you de-stress. Turning your attention to dance, and away from the daily grind, is a great way to relieve stress. Studies show that exercise is very effective at reducing fatigue, improving alertness and concentration, and enhancing overall cognitive function.
- Improves coordination. In Zumba, your arms and legs are generally moving in different directions so it requires a good deal of coordination. Repeated practice improves coordination and helps you feel more comfortable moving your body.
- Makes you happy. Every time you exercise, you release endorphins, which trigger positive feelings throughout the body.
Zumba is for any age and will be adapted to any fitness level. It is found that Zumba is a pretty good workout similar to moderately intense exercises like step aerobics or cardio kickboxing. But the most impressive part of Zumba is that the women enjoyed the class so much that they made it a habit very unusual for an aerobic exercise program. It seems like most of them had fun, made friends and did not see Zumba as hard work. The people who practice it feels more independent and make their lives more purposeful.
Surely Zumba is well aware of its reputation as your mom's workout. But here is the thing: When you are counting reps, calories, and minutes spent in a specific heart rate zone, you forget that working out and moving your body to music will feel you joyful. An activity like Zumba is designed to let you have fun while moving your body in a judgment-free zone. When you are doing a yoga workout, you will literally feel your brain quieting down. It is a beautiful thing!
Everyone is very accepting, the whole community is supportive and they do not judge you based on the way you look. Everyone is there to have a good time. Zumba Fitness Workout is for everybody. There is no 'no' in Zumba. It not only changes your body but it changes your mind, your attitude and your mood. You come to class, you enjoy yourself, and you let the music do the rest.
For more tips on Zumba, contact Salem Fitness Center.